Daiwa Freeswimmer 5000 Reel and Eliminator EL661 MS Rod
The new Eliminator range brings a touch of class to Daiwa's multi-purpose entry level rod range. Featuring a composite graphite blank for lightweight and power, and an integrated solid tip for durability and sensitivity.
Made to cater to popular kiwi fishing styles, Bite’N’Run (BR) is a key technology for keen live or dead bait anglers, as it allows fish to take baits under minimal line tension to ensure a solid hookset is achieved.
Designed in collaboration between Daiwa USA, Daiwa Australia, Daiwa New Zealand and alongside Japanese engineers, FREE SWIMMER BR is a product five years in the making and a testament to Daiwa’s commitment to providing the best products to suit local New Zealand conditions.
Angler’s will set the Bite’N’Run tension by adjusting the dial on the bottom of the reel, a wide range can be set to suit the target species or rigging specifications chosen by the angler.
Daiwa Eliminator Rod
For comfort and durability, the Eliminator range features flat top EVA grips, while the composite cork butt and attractive metal spacers bring style to the classy black and blue colour scheme. Simply match any Eliminator rod to a Daiwa reel and you will have a durable and reliable outfit, that you can depend upon time and time again.
- Composite blank
- Tubular fiberglass tip
- Full grip - One piece single rear grip runs from reel seat to butt end of rod
- Tangle free aluminium oxide guides
- High-quality graphite reel seat
Daiwa Freeswimmer Reel
FREE SWIMMER is built off a strong & sturdy carbon composite frame and Air Rotor. The internals have been carefully sealed through careful design and implementation of rubber seals to make FREESWIMMER a true Saltwater Bite’N’Run reel. Careful attention to detail was paid throughout the design and prototype stages to make FREE SWIMMER BR capable of handling the largest of New Zealand Kingfish & Snapper.
FREE SWIMMER is equipped with a host of regular Daiwa technologies including:
- Air Rotor - Lighter, stronger and more balanced than any rotor system that’s come before, ‘Air Rotor’ delivers a great leap forward in rotor design and function and delivers the ultimate line roller support. Made from Zaion and featuring a redesigned arch that disperses pressure to the lower section of the rotor to reduce stressing and flexing, the design is further enhanced with a hollowed out construction reducing weight, while increasing reel sensitivity and rotational balance.
- ATD Drag - Daiwa’s Automatic Tournament Drag uses an improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag start-up inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
- Tough Digigear - A further evolution of its predecessor Digigear, Tough Digigear is our brand new digitally designed, machine cut gearing system that ensures ultimate gear precision, rotational smoothness, and strength.
Daiwa 23 Free Swimmer 5000 Bait Runner Reel Specs:
Ball Bearings: 5+1
Spool Capacity: 25lb - 150m
Daiwa Eliminator 661MS Spinning Rod Specifications:
Length: 6ft 6in
Line Weight: 4-8kg