Daiwa Freeswimmer 3000 Reel and Legalis 702HFS Rod
Innovation and performance of a budget. The new 20 Legalis brings high-end blank innovation together with value driven componentry to offer anglers a light tackle rod range that delivers on a budget. Highly responsive, the Legalis' crisp action is achieved through a combination of a lightweight graphite material combined with Braiding X. Braiding X technology further enhances rod performance by increasing wall strength and reducing blank twist. By eliminating twist and preventing the blank from losing its round form, Braiding X allows thinner blank to be made, and a lighter, more dynamic rod to be created. Quality Fuji stainless steel Concept O guides provides reliable casting performance and effective line management. A Daiwa Surround Hold reel seat maximizes balance and sensitivity, while high-density EVA split grips bring in-hand comfort and control.
Made to cater to popular kiwi fishing styles, Bite’N’Run (BR) is a key technology for keen live or dead bait anglers, as it allows fish to take baits under minimal line tension to ensure a solid hookset is achieved.
Designed in collaboration between Daiwa USA, Daiwa Australia, Daiwa New Zealand and alongside Japanese engineers, FREE SWIMMER BR is a product five years in the making and a testament to Daiwa’s commitment to providing the best products to suit local New Zealand conditions.
Angler’s will set the Bite’N’Run tension by adjusting the dial on the bottom of the reel, a wide range can be set to suit the target species or rigging specifications chosen by the angler.
Daiwa Legalis Rod
- Braiding X - Increased Hoop Strength
- Fuji Guides - Stainless Steel Frame
- Eva Split Grips
- Daiwa Lightweight Ergonomic Reel Seat
Daiwa Freeswimmer reel
FREE SWIMMER BR is built off a strong & sturdy carbon composite frame and Air Rotor. The internals have been carefully sealed through careful design and implementation of rubber seals to make FREESWIMMER a true Saltwater Bite’N’Run reel. Careful attention to detail was paid throughout the design and prototype stages to make FREE SWIMMER BR capable of handling the largest of New Zealand Kingfish & Snapper.
FREE SWIMMER BR is equipped with a host of regular Daiwa technologies including:
- Air Rotor - Lighter, stronger and more balanced than any rotor system that’s come before, ‘Air Rotor’ delivers a great leap forward in rotor design and function and delivers the ultimate line roller support. Made from Zaion and featuring a redesigned arch that disperses pressure to the lower section of the rotor to reduce stressing and flexing, the design is further enhanced with a hollowed out construction reducing weight, while increasing reel sensitivity and rotational balance.
- ATD Drag - Daiwa’s Automatic Tournament Drag uses an improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag start-up inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
- Tough Digigear - A further evolution of its predecessor Digigear, Tough Digigear is our brand new digitally designed, machine cut gearing system that ensures ultimate gear precision, rotational smoothness, and strength.
Daiwa 20 Legalis 702HFS Rod
- Action: Light
- Castweight: 2-14g
- Length: 7'0"/213cm
- Recommended Line: 1-3kg
- Section: 2
- Type: Spin
Daiwa 23 Freeswimmer 3000 Reel
- Bearings: 5/1
- Spool capacity: PE 1.5/300m| 16lb (0.33mm)/150m
- Drag: 10kg
- Gear ratio: 5.2:1
- Retreive per handle rotation (77cm)
- Weight: 270g