Berkley Gulp 6 inch Squid Viscious Softbait
Developed for deep water reef fishing, the Squid Vicious imitates a squid head or small octopus. In the water the legs pulsate at the slowest of speeds allowing the Squid Vicious to be fished as a static bait with just gentle lifts of the rod tip to impart it’s deadly action. Those waving arms are also working on the way down with hits on ‘the drop’ a common occurrence.
Ideal for reef fishing the Squid Vicious can be dropped down on the reef with an appropriately sized Nitro jighead and kept in the strike zone for extended periods. they are particularly excellent used on an elevator rig.
This softbait matches squid that are common in New Zealand waters. This style of softbait offers an angler an action that requires less movement with tenticles that pulsate as it sits on the line yet these can be flicked and jerked for added atraction and are deadly on predatory species including snapper, kahawai and kingfish. Can be fished effectively throughout the water column from shallow finesse work through to working the bottom using the appropriate Nitro Saltwater Pro Series or Nitro Bream Pro jigheads. Add Gulp scent and flavour to this winning recipe and you have a definite must have for any soft plastic tackle kit. Gulp is 100% biodegradable and made of 100% natural ingredients.
Jighead hook size rigging recommendation for 6" Squid Vicious
- Nitro Jighead Saltwater Pro Series #3.0 and #2.0
- Nitro Stealth Jighead #1.0 and #2.0
- Elevator Rig # 5.0 and 7.0
- Gulp releases 400 times more scent than plastic baits.
- Gulp is available in a huge range of shapes and sizes.
- Gulp has been proven effective on just about every New Zealand species of fish.
- Quantity per pack: 6
- Colours available: Pink Shine, Nuclear Chicken, New Penny, Opening Night and Orange Tiger